REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2615684 - 03/13/17 10:07 PM Re: Another shoulder pain question. [Re: SlicedFeet]
Truth Offline
Miki Dora status

can a massage help? i am in crunch mode to get better
pain is not as sharp now just a constant dull deep pain

#2615810 - 03/14/17 11:08 AM Re: Another shoulder pain question. [Re: SlicedFeet]
VonMeister Offline
Phil Edwards status

A massage isn't going to help tendonitis but it may help you feel better. Some people have a high emotional response to touch.

#2615811 - 03/14/17 11:11 AM Re: Another shoulder pain question. [Re: SlicedFeet]
VonMeister Offline
Phil Edwards status

Originally Posted By: SlicedFeet
[quote=Kingston]
I just got a 3" latex matress topper which is helping and doing stretching.

There is no evidence that stretching or ROM exercises decrease chance of injury, increase range of motion over the long term, or increase healing. There is plenty of evidence to suggest otherwise.

#2615863 - 03/14/17 12:12 PM Re: Another shoulder pain question. [Re: VonMeister]
Autoprax Offline
Duke status

Loc: Vagina Point
Originally Posted By: VonMeister
A massage isn't going to help tendonitis but it may help you feel better. Some people have a high emotional response to touch.

My PT had me on the table yesterday and I got a full on boner with a little pre cum stain on my shorts.

Edited by Autoprax (03/14/17 12:12 PM)

#2615868 - 03/14/17 12:17 PM Re: Another shoulder pain question. [Re: Truth]
Autoprax Offline
Duke status

Originally Posted By: Truth
can a massage help? i am in crunch mode to get better
pain is not as sharp now just a constant dull deep pain

Do try trigger point massage?

(They are not calling them TPs anymore but . . .)

https://www.painscience.com/tutorials/trigger-points.php

http://www.triggerpointtherapist.com/blo...l-pain-monster/

#2615945 - 03/14/17 02:12 PM Re: Another shoulder pain question. [Re: SlicedFeet]
Truth Offline
Miki Dora status

massage envy has a shoulder bursitis massage?

Any experience?

#2616067 - 03/14/17 05:23 PM Re: Another shoulder pain question. [Re: Truth]
Autoprax Offline
Duke status

Originally Posted By: Truth
massage envy has a shoulder bursitis massage?

Any experience?

It will be as good as the person doing it.

Will you drive to Carlsbad?

Go see Brent.

http://www.evolvesportschiropractic.com

He's a good guy. He won't rip you off.

You'll know right away if the soft tissue work will help.

If it doesn't help, you know that that is not the problem.

But at least you tried and eliminated that possibility.

#2616524 - 03/15/17 10:35 PM Re: Another shoulder pain question. [Re: SlicedFeet]
VonMeister Offline
Phil Edwards status

Isn't spinal decompression a rip off?

#2616939 - 03/16/17 10:08 PM Re: Another shoulder pain question. [Re: SlicedFeet]
Autoprax Offline
Duke status

I think it's too expensive. But I think decompressing the spine is good.

Though it didn't work for me.

He wouldn't put you in the spinal machine for your hurt shoulder.

He just let me do it when I came in for soft tissue work.

Elongation is the name of the same when it comes to spinal health.

#2617064 - 03/17/17 10:41 AM Re: Another shoulder pain question. [Re: SlicedFeet]
VonMeister Offline
Phil Edwards status

Decompressing the spine is as simply as lying down.

Thing is, you can't decompress the spine. You can't pull it apart and cause some magical healing. Discs are the cushions between your vertebrae. Once damaged or desiccated by life, the change is permanent. The pain caused by these changes should be temporary in most cases. For the one's that aren't there will be evidence of something structural that needs treatment or repair, or no evidence that will require some degree of pain management that will hopefully be temporary. I'm certain there could be injuries that cause pain that we just can't see, but I don't think trying to pull something apart that isn't supposed to be pulled apart is ever going to be the answer.

There is a theory that is gaining acceptance that many times tissue getting pinched in the facet joints of the spine can be the cause of pain and releasing it with manipulation will relieve it, but this will soon become the cause de jour with chiropractors and pretty soon everyone will need treatment for this.

#2623111 - 04/03/17 12:27 PM Re: Another shoulder pain question. [Re: SlicedFeet]
rts265 Offline
Michael Peterson status

need to review my MRI but think I was diagnosed with c4-c5 bulging - that feels more like neck pain and shoulder pain

got thrashed around a bit on Saturday on the low tide - this one feels like c7-c8 according to that pic - paddled out sunday and both sides of neck felt pain, feels like coming from scapula area. should have rested.

feel much better today, but decided to rest.

found this - these stretches feel pretty good

http://www.spine-health.com/conditions/neck-pain/neck-stretches

#2625778 - 04/11/17 01:11 PM Re: Another shoulder pain question. [Re: rts265]
Kingston Offline
Nep status

Loc: South Bay
Honestly, these YouTube videos on cervical spine surgery and non surgical options are pretty informative.

https://www.youtube.com/user/CervicHerniatedDisc/videos

#2628777 - 04/20/17 12:10 AM Re: Another shoulder pain question. [Re: SlicedFeet]
TheMM Offline
Grom

I have kinda the same pains as you, but left side. Change with head position, hurted as hell at takeoff sometimes, impossible to put that arm in the water to drag. Neck quite stiff when it's painful, sometimes force moving (until it "crack") offer immediate relief.

After trying to diagnose me elbow tendonitis, inner shoulder idem, outer shoulder idem, then bursitis (each time 2 week to two month rest prescription) a new doctor finally made me undergo a MRI an found the old hernia after 1 1/2 year.

It's being better with time as body compensate by building more muscle in the neck and adjusting position for me. Some massage helps, some hurts, but medic recommended not to touch the cervicals for a while.

No surgery for me, but has to keep as hydrated as possible. Hangover morning are the worst I guess, with night I sleep on the left side.
Still feeling it at least once a week, but being better and hope the same for you!

Origin are unsure but a few hard rugby knock-outs or climbing fall on cervicals might be in cause. I can surf now without too many problems but sometimes I still can't crawl while swimming cause of head/shoulder position hurting.

Hope that bit of point of view could help some undergoing similar stuff

#2629201 - 04/20/17 10:53 PM Re: Another shoulder pain question. [Re: TheMM]
SlicedFeet Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: Swarm Diego
As Von Meister said, shoulders take a while to heal. I get it now.

Someone mentioned to me when paddeling, don't stretch you palm out flat to the water when reaching forward. Have your hand go perpendicular to the water in a karate chop.

Easy to preach, harder to make it a habit.

Edited by SlicedFeet (04/20/17 10:54 PM)

#2629867 - 04/23/17 03:18 AM Re: Another shoulder pain question. [Re: scotter]
frvcvs Offline
Duke status

Originally Posted By: scotter
Lung X-Ray stat.

Thats how my father got diagnosed.
Everything works like clockwork in a perfect world."
- Steak 7/26/15

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32