REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2607142 - 02/17/17 01:16 PM Re: AP: Trump considering mobilizing 100k National Guardsmen to round up Illegals... [Re: frvcvs]
Autoprax Offline
Duke status

Loc: Vagina Point
The problem now is everyone knows trump has the psychopath's proclivity to tell lies for no reason.

So everything is suspect.

Lying is really effective if you rarely do it but loses it's a effect quickly with over use.

Then you are just baiting with incongruity avoid social engagement, which is what you want to be doing most of the time, socially engaging not lying, I mean.

But what do I know?

#2607146 - 02/17/17 01:20 PM Re: AP: Trump considering mobilizing 100k National Guardsmen to round up Illegals... [Re: Kento]
squidley Offline
Michael Peterson status

Quote:
So are they going to round up everyone that looks Mexican and then sort out who is legal or illegal?

That going to go over well.

"Draft memo"? roflmao roflmao

Who wrote it?

Please cite anywhere in this article which says that a discussion, much less an executed document, over whether or not to start wholesale removing aliens from the U.S. took place in management positions of Homeland Security.

......One more AP headline which forwards an impression which gets totally discredited in the article.

The title says:
DHS weighed Nat Guard for immigration roundups

......but the article says:
Quote:
A DHS official described the document as a very early draft that was not seriously considered and never brought to the secretary for approval.

Further, when did "considering" something turn into a decision, much less a directive or an action?

A loony liberal Obama apointee escaped and found a computer. And who even pays this non-story any attention? .....the loony liberals at the AP.

Oooooh look at Donald! He might turn into something scaaaaary.... gumdrop.

My aunt might turn into my uncle if she grows a pair. So what?

#2607163 - 02/17/17 01:35 PM Re: AP: Trump considering mobilizing 100k National Guardsmen to round up Illegals... [Re: squidley]
Kento Offline
Duke status

Loc: The Bar
Originally Posted By: squidley
Quote:
So are they going to round up everyone that looks Mexican and then sort out who is legal or illegal?

That going to go over well.

"Draft memo"? roflmao roflmao

Who wrote it?

Please cite anywhere in this article which says that a discussion, much less an executed document, over whether or not to start wholesale removing aliens from the U.S. took place in management positions of Homeland Security.

......One more AP headline which forwards an impression which gets totally discredited in the article.

The title says:
DHS weighed Nat Guard for immigration roundups

......but the article says:
Quote:
A DHS official described the document as a very early draft that was not seriously considered and never brought to the secretary for approval.

Further, when did "considering" something turn into a decision, much less a directive or an action?

A loony liberal Obama apointee escaped and found a computer. And who even pays this non-story any attention? .....the loony liberals at the AP.

Oooooh look at Donald! He might turn into something scaaaaary.... gumdrop.

My aunt might turn into my uncle if she grows a pair. So what?

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. I was just stating that the implementation of such a policy would have pitfalls.

However, Trump's administration denials are quite meaningless. There is no credibility within this administration whatsoever. Trump actually has not had any true credibility (outside the fawning reality TV zombies who also love Honey Boo-Boo and Uncle Sy, that is) in decades, if ever.

Russ Meyer

#2607173 - 02/17/17 01:49 PM Re: AP: Trump considering mobilizing 100k National Guardsmen to round up Illegals... [Re: frvcvs]
test_article Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: Body of Christ, Texas
I thought Donnie refused to discuss battle plans in advance. Now the illegals know which states to avoid.

#2607180 - 02/17/17 01:58 PM Re: AP: Trump considering mobilizing 100k National Guardsmen to round up Illegals... [Re: test_article]
GDaddy Offline
Duke status

Loc: Carlsbad
Winning

#2607183 - 02/17/17 02:01 PM Re: AP: Trump considering mobilizing 100k National Guardsmen to round up Illegals... [Re: Sharkbiscuit]
shackwell Offline
Rabbitt Bartholomew status

Do other countries let you stay as long as you want without obtaining citizenship?

#2607185 - 02/17/17 02:02 PM Re: AP: Trump considering mobilizing 100k National Guardsmen to round up Illegals... [Re: shackwell]
Kento Offline
Duke status

Loc: The Bar
Originally Posted By: shackwell
Do other countries let you stay as long as you want without obtaining citizenship?

As long as you're spending money there, oh yeah.

Russ Meyer

#2607215 - 02/17/17 02:35 PM Re: AP: Trump considering mobilizing 100k National Guardsmen to round up Illegals... [Re: shackwell]
ElOgro Offline
Tom Curren status

Originally Posted By: shackwell

If you have the right kind of visa but it varies from country to country. I have a permanent resident visa for Mexico. Other countries are different. Mexico's immigration laws aren't much different than the USA's in terms of entry requirements.

"That's all it takes--one moment." Sponge

#2607230 - 02/17/17 02:52 PM Re: AP: Trump considering mobilizing 100k National Guardsmen to round up Illegals... [Re: frvcvs]
hal9000 Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: Urbana, Illinois
The Trump admin is triggered.....time to bring up the emails again.

Also, here's the full text of the memo:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3467508-Trump-National-Guard-Draft-Memo.html

#2607268 - 02/17/17 03:28 PM Re: AP: Trump considering mobilizing 100k National Guardsmen to round up Illegals... [Re: frvcvs]
GDaddy Offline
Duke status

No matter what, the illegals are not entitled to be here and we are entitled to remove them if we so choose. Removing them is not an expression of ethnic cleansing nor is it a violation of their rights. Regardless of which agency is taking them into custody.

#2607274 - 02/17/17 03:32 PM Re: AP: Trump considering mobilizing 100k National Guardsmen to round up Illegals... [Re: GDaddy]
bird. Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: LA
Originally Posted By: GDaddy
No matter what, the illegals are not entitled to be here and we are entitled to remove them if we so choose. Removing them is not an expression of ethnic cleansing nor is it a violation of their rights. Regardless of which agency is taking them into custody.

True only to the extent that lawful US residents are not harmed in any sweeps. Looking at US law enforcement's track records on racially-charged profiling I don't hold out the highest hopes that they won't be.

#2607277 - 02/17/17 03:37 PM Re: AP: Trump considering mobilizing 100k National Guardsmen to round up Illegals... [Re: bird.]
ElOgro Offline
Tom Curren status

Originally Posted By: bird.
Originally Posted By: GDaddy

True only to the extent that lawful US residents are not harmed in any sweeps. Looking at US law enforcement's track records on racially-charged profiling I don't hold out the highest hopes that they won't be.

It's always come down to the same thing: the practicality of the how.

I agree 100% with both of the above comments.

"That's all it takes--one moment." Sponge

#2607278 - 02/17/17 03:40 PM Re: AP: Trump considering mobilizing 100k National Guardsmen to round up Illegals... [Re: frvcvs]
GDaddy Offline
Duke status

The enforcement of all laws result in some collateral damage to innocents. Using the existing criteria, how many innocents have been wrongfully sent out? I'm sure that number isn't anywhere near zero but I'm not as sure that its large enough to warrant the cessation of all such activity.

Are we anticipating the increase in sweeping activity to increase the rate of collateral damage to innocents? If so, are those damages enough to warrant refraining from those sweeps? In lieu of information to the contrary about the best we can guess is a projection based on the same existing rate multiplied by the increase in sweeping activity. Of course, I'm sure that some people will disagree with that as well.

Most of that section of the memo was oriented toward empowering state and local law enforcement agencies to participate in such detentions.

If we ever do end up exporting large numbers of illegals we'll eventually have to consider revising our immigration and visa quotas. Upward.

#2607513 - 02/17/17 11:16 PM Re: AP: Trump considering mobilizing 100k National Guardsmen to round up Illegals... [Re: GDaddy]
squidley Offline
Michael Peterson status

So basically this story is about a fake memo which went through the hands of a leaking leftist bureaucrat, and ended up in the hands of the liberal press.

....and we're supposed to believe it wasn't planted there.

I'd bet a dollar against your dime that there were many versions of this fake memo, one for every suspect.

Edited by squidley (02/17/17 11:20 PM)

#2607514 - 02/17/17 11:26 PM Re: AP: Trump considering mobilizing 100k National Guardsmen to round up Illegals... [Re: squidley]
Diabeetus Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

Loc: Provo, Utah
Originally Posted By: squidley
So basically this story is about a fake memo which went through the hands of a leaking leftist bureaucrat, and ended up in the hands of the liberal press.

Right, Squeegee?

I bet you dollars to donuts those lamestream leftist press faggots don't know the real skinny like you and I do.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32