REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2607080 - 02/17/17 12:10 PM AP: Trump considering mobilizing 100k National Guardsmen to round up Illegals...
frvcvs Offline
Duke status

"The Trump administration is considering a proposal to mobilize as many as 100,000 National Guard troops to round up unauthorized immigrants, including millions living nowhere near the Mexico border, according to a draft memo obtained by The Associated Press".

https://apnews.com/5508111d59554a33be800...p;utm_medium=AP

Hitler didn't kill the Jews on the 1st day.

Everything works like clockwork in a perfect world."
- Steak 7/26/15

#2607085 - 02/17/17 12:13 PM Re: AP: Trump considering mobilizing 100k National Guardsmen to round up Illegals... [Re: frvcvs]
Autoprax Online   content
Tom Curren status

Loc: Vagina Point
Well, I asked if law enforcement would wage war on their own people.

This is their warm up to that.

I'm no fan or poor people (this includes illegals) but I would hide them from ICE under my stairwell, anne frank style for sure.

Just to be a kunt.

When they caught me, I would be like, How did that Mexican get there!

If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him..
-- Sun Tzu, The Art of War

#2607087 - 02/17/17 12:18 PM Re: AP: Trump considering mobilizing 100k National Guardsmen to round up Illegals... [Re: frvcvs]
GDaddy Offline
Duke status

Loc: Carlsbad
Most of the governors will say "no". Maybe all of them.

I think ICE is up to the job, it'll just take longer and they'll have to be redeployed differently. More gradual and less abrupt.

#2607088 - 02/17/17 12:19 PM Re: AP: Trump considering mobilizing 100k National Guardsmen to round up Illegals... [Re: GDaddy]
frvcvs Offline
Duke status

Originally Posted By: GDaddy
Most of the governors will say "no". Maybe all of them.

I wish I could agree with you.
- Steak 7/26/15

#2607090 - 02/17/17 12:21 PM Re: AP: Trump considering mobilizing 100k National Guardsmen to round up Illegals... [Re: frvcvs]
Kento Online   content
Duke status

Loc: The Bar
So are they going to round up everyone that looks Mexican and then sort out who is legal or illegal?

That going to go over well.

Russ Meyer

#2607113 - 02/17/17 12:48 PM Re: AP: Trump considering mobilizing 100k National Guardsmen to round up Illegals... [Re: Kento]
frvcvs Offline
Duke status

Originally Posted By: Kento
So are they going to round up everyone that looks Mexican and then sort out who is legal or illegal?

That going to go over well.

Yeah, they'll figure it out in the "camps".

I don't think people realize what a logistical nightmare such an initiative could prove to be. Not all illegals are from Mexico. There are large numbers from nations south of Mexico like El Salvador, Honduras, etc. We can't simply drive them to the border and unload them.
- Steak 7/26/15

#2607117 - 02/17/17 12:50 PM Re: AP: Trump considering mobilizing 100k National Guardsmen to round up Illegals... [Re: frvcvs]
GDaddy Offline
Duke status

It's way cheaper to fly them on chartered airliners than to house them for a week.

#2607120 - 02/17/17 12:52 PM Re: AP: Trump considering mobilizing 100k National Guardsmen to round up Illegals... [Re: frvcvs]
VonMeister Offline
Phil Edwards status

Fake News

White House press secretary Sean Spicer told reporters on Marine One that the report is "100 percent not true."

"It is irresponsible to be saying this," Spicer said, according to a pool report. There is no effort at all to round up, to utilize the National Guard to round up illegal immigrants.

Spicer said the draft memo cited by the AP was not a White House document.

I wish you guys had asked before you tweeted," Spicer said to an AP reporter, who noted that the media group had requested comment multiple times prior to publication.

Less than 15 minutes after the report's release, Senior Assistant White House press secretary Michael Short took to Twitter to shutdown the claims.

#2607121 - 02/17/17 12:52 PM Re: AP: Trump considering mobilizing 100k National Guardsmen to round up Illegals... [Re: frvcvs]
Autoprax Online   content
Tom Curren status

Loc: Vagina Point
The problem with trump is that he's acting crazy.

Anything goes.

That going to trigger threat responses in a large segment of the population unnecessarily.

He's playing with fire.

If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him..
-- Sun Tzu, The Art of War

#2607123 - 02/17/17 12:54 PM Re: AP: Trump considering mobilizing 100k National Guardsmen to round up Illegals... [Re: frvcvs]
ElOgro Offline
Tom Curren status

Don't get to excited yet. At the same time he's also deciding between a McRib sandwich and a Double Whopper with cheese for lunch.

"That's all it takes--one moment." Sponge

#2607124 - 02/17/17 12:57 PM Re: AP: Trump considering mobilizing 100k National Guardsmen to round up Illegals... [Re: GDaddy]
frvcvs Offline
Duke status

It's way cheaper to fly them on chartered airliners than to house them for a week.

Thats providing you know where to fly them to on the day you pick them up. You see the word "undocumented" can provide a whole heap of complications in that regard leaving both our government and receiving nations with a whole heap of shit to sort out, especially if you're talking about millions of people. I guess we can water board them till they tell us where they're from? drowning
- Steak 7/26/15

#2607126 - 02/17/17 12:57 PM Re: AP: Trump considering mobilizing 100k National Guardsmen to round up Illegals... [Re: ElOgro]
frvcvs Offline
Duke status

Originally Posted By: ElOgro
Don't get to excited yet. At the same time he's also deciding between a McRib sandwich and a Double Whopper with cheese for lunch.

President Gaysin? roflmao

I shouldn't laugh, President Gaysin would be an improvement. Even with his spelling issues. Imagine a pink presidential limo with an 8" body lift and a tribal wrap? roflmao
- Steak 7/26/15

#2607128 - 02/17/17 12:57 PM Re: AP: Trump considering mobilizing 100k National Guardsmen to round up Illegals... [Re: ElOgro]
Sharkbiscuit Online   content
Michael Peterson status

Loc: Jacksonville Beach
Originally Posted By: ElOgro

roflmao

#2607131 - 02/17/17 12:59 PM Re: AP: Trump considering mobilizing 100k National Guardsmen to round up Illegals... [Re: VonMeister]
Kento Online   content
Duke status

Loc: The Bar
Originally Posted By: VonMeister
Fake News

White House press secretary Sean Spicer told reporters on Marine One that the report is "100 percent not true."

"It is irresponsible to be saying this," Spicer said, according to a pool report. There is no effort at all to round up, to utilize the National Guard to round up illegal immigrants.

Spicer said the draft memo cited by the AP was not a White House document.

I wish you guys had asked before you tweeted," Spicer said to an AP reporter, who noted that the media group had requested comment multiple times prior to publication.

Less than 15 minutes after the report's release, Senior Assistant White House press secretary Michael Short took to Twitter to shutdown the claims.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Not true. <a href="https://t.co/T8rA87kJaU">https://t.co/T8rA87kJaU</a></p>— Michael C. Short (@MCShort45) <a href="https://twitter.com/MCShort45/status/832612081643974657">February 17, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Didn't we hear that same kind of denial with Flynn?

Lance Armstrong and Marian Jones heated denials enhanced my bullsh*t detector in that perspective.

That being said, it probably won't happen as it will be met with strong resistance.

Russ Meyer

#2607138 - 02/17/17 01:08 PM Re: AP: Trump considering mobilizing 100k National Guardsmen to round up Illegals... [Re: frvcvs]
GDaddy Offline
Duke status

Originally Posted By: frvcvs

Thats providing you know where to fly them to on the day you pick them up. You see the word "undocumented" can provide a whole heap of complications in that regard leaving both our government and receiving nations with a whole heap of shit to sort out, especially if you're talking about millions of people. I guess we can water board them till they tell us where they're from? drowning

Well, to your first point I was responding to the comment that you posted about being unable to bus them to the border and dump them. To your second point I think Trump's supporters will be content if they see what they think is positive progress in preventing unlawful entry and sending illegals back. We can quibble over how much would be considered "positive progress", but I don't think it has to be millions every year.

Just matching SSN numbers for people who are incarcerated at state and local jails would yield results. Do a crime of any sort and get deported.

I don't disagree at all that processing illegals whose nationality isn't positively proven adds to the time/effort it takes to deport them, but I'd imagine there are incentives they can be offered that might induce many of them to cooperate.

Such as, We are going to deport you so there that is just a matter of time how long you'll be in this facility. You can make things better or worse for yourself, depending on whether or not you want to cooperate with this process.

If you cooperate with us now and help us to expedite your removal we won't look further into your family; or if you cooperate we won't put you on a permanent ban list, or if you cooperate we'll give you preference in an application for a work visa. etc., etc. Some illegals might go for those kinds of inducements.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32