REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2607050 - 02/17/17 11:28 AM Re: Ventura is going to be washed away. [Re: SBSteve]
SrPato Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: Venturkey
We have this to look forward to at noon today drowning

" Adults are just outdated children."

Dr. Seuss

#2607057 - 02/17/17 11:33 AM Re: Ventura is going to be washed away. [Re: SBSteve]
r32 Offline

Tom Curren status

Loc: Cambria
Originally Posted By: SBSteve
John Palminteri is so hyped I think his head is going to explode.

Haha central coast weathermen rarely get to be excited about anything. For them, this is like the Superbowl.

#2607109 - 02/17/17 12:45 PM Re: Ventura is going to be washed away. [Re: SrPato]
GWS Offline
Duke status

Loc: Dustopia
Originally Posted By: SrPato
We have this to look forward to at noon today drowning

We're all going to die.

Houdini, my escape artist cat? I opened the door this morning and invited him to bail. He goes tearing towards the door/freedom got to the door sill and slammed on the brakes looking at the rain. I'm pretty sure the Chumash consider balking cat a sign of impending doom.
Having transcended the seven evolutionary super universes of time and space which circle the never beginning - never ending creation of divine perfection, I arrived at the heart of the eternal and central universe of universes on the stationary isle of Paradise, the geographic center of infinity and the dwelling place of the eternal living God

#2607115 - 02/17/17 12:48 PM Re: Ventura is going to be washed away. [Re: GWS]
r32 Offline

Tom Curren status

#2607132 - 02/17/17 01:01 PM Re: Ventura is going to be washed away. [Re: hammies]
GWS Offline
Duke status

Originally Posted By: hammies
The St. Francis Dam will collapse and all of Saticoy will wash down to the beach.

That's an interesting bit of history I did not know. Thanks.

https://www.vcreporter.com/2016/09/07/sa...toric-rainfall/

From late 2016

Quote:
In the end, the Condit Dam removal spurred the decision: to create

plugs at the bottom portion of the Matilija Dam and wait for a large rain event and then blow the plugs to smithereens, releasing water through uncontrolled orifices along with the 8 million cubic yards of silt, cobble and gravel trapped in the reservoir, as it was considered not only the most inexpensive plan, but also the plan that would have the least negative environmental impact.

The changes downstream will occur over time: new riverbeds will be formed, new habitats for fish and wildlife, and replenished beaches at Surfers Point and down coast. The river will return to its pre-1947 state, eventually.

If it sounds almost too easy, there is a small catch.

Were going to need a good flood to move all that sediment through the system, said Jenkin. And you know how our rainfall has been recently.

So is this it? Does the damn dam come down now?

EDIT: Upon closer reading I don't think they are ready yet. Bummer.

Edited by GWS (02/17/17 01:33 PM)
Having transcended the seven evolutionary super universes of time and space which circle the never beginning - never ending creation of divine perfection, I arrived at the heart of the eternal and central universe of universes on the stationary isle of Paradise, the geographic center of infinity and the dwelling place of the eternal living God

#2607133 - 02/17/17 01:02 PM Re: Ventura is going to be washed away. [Re: r32]
rossmoor Offline
Nep status

Loc: Oahu

#2607135 - 02/17/17 01:04 PM Re: Ventura is going to be washed away. [Re: GWS]
rts265 Online   content
Michael Peterson status

seal always floods.

#2607136 - 02/17/17 01:07 PM Re: Ventura is going to be washed away. [Re: GWS]
Kento Offline
Duke status

Loc: The Bar
Originally Posted By: GWS
LA news is going off. The end is nigh. My life is flashing before my eyes. First half was pretty good but this second half has me going screw it. Hasta la bye-bye.

All the sawhorses at C-Street will be turned to kindling.

Russ Meyer

#2607139 - 02/17/17 01:10 PM Re: Ventura is going to be washed away. [Re: Kento]
r32 Offline

Tom Curren status

Originally Posted By: Kento
All the sawhorses at C-Street will be turned to kindling.

roflmao

#2607141 - 02/17/17 01:11 PM Re: Ventura is going to be washed away. [Re: r32]
GWS Offline
Duke status

Those are boardhorses you kooks.

foreheadslap

Rumor is there are hundreds of Rinse Kits caught in the pilings of the pier and the pier is going down.

Edited by GWS (02/17/17 01:14 PM)
Edit Reason: To spread panic and hysteria

#2607149 - 02/17/17 01:22 PM Re: Ventura is going to be washed away. [Re: GWS]
youcantbeserious Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: Location Location
I just got here where should I surf? Where's that El Porto place?

#2607160 - 02/17/17 01:34 PM Re: Ventura is going to be washed away. [Re: GWS]
ElOgro Offline
Tom Curren status

Get a Dodger cap and grab a board bag. Flag down an ICE agent and turn yourself in. Follow the same directions I gave 20W in another thread.

"That's all it takes--one moment." Sponge

#2607167 - 02/17/17 01:38 PM Re: Ventura is going to be washed away. [Re: youcantbeserious]
Mr_Stagger_Lee Online   content
Phil Edwards status

Originally Posted By: youcantbeserious
I just got here where should I surf? Where's that El Porto place?

Just look for the police helecopter hovering over the water. The missing bodies always get flushed out of the inland funzone and end up in the eddy at middles. You should be able to find it from there! LOL

#2607196 - 02/17/17 02:14 PM Re: Ventura is going to be washed away. [Re: GWS]
VonMeister Online   mad
Phil Edwards status

Sandbars

#2607204 - 02/17/17 02:23 PM Re: Ventura is going to be washed away. [Re: GWS]
the janitor Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: north of the bridge
Originally Posted By: GWS
Originally Posted By: hammies
The St. Francis Dam will collapse and all of Saticoy will wash down to the beach.

That's an interesting bit of history I did not know. Thanks.

https://www.vcreporter.com/2016/09/07/sa...toric-rainfall/

From late 2016

Quote:
In the end, the Condit Dam removal spurred the decision: to create

plugs at the bottom portion of the Matilija Dam and wait for a large rain event and then blow the plugs to smithereens, releasing water through uncontrolled orifices along with the 8 million cubic yards of silt, cobble and gravel trapped in the reservoir, as it was considered not only the most inexpensive plan, but also the plan that would have the least negative environmental impact.

The changes downstream will occur over time: new riverbeds will be formed, new habitats for fish and wildlife, and replenished beaches at Surfers Point and down coast. The river will return to its pre-1947 state, eventually.

If it sounds almost too easy, there is a small catch.

Were going to need a good flood to move all that sediment through the system, said Jenkin. And you know how our rainfall has been recently.

So is this it? Does the damn dam come down now?

EDIT: Upon closer reading I don't think they are ready yet. Bummer.

paging Geo to the white courtesy phone

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32