REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2607052 - 02/17/17 11:30 AM Can we talk about the mess that Trump inherited?
frvcvs Offline
Duke status

Anyone? shrug
Everything works like clockwork in a perfect world."
- Steak 7/26/15

#2607054 - 02/17/17 11:31 AM Re: Can we talk about the mess that Trump inherited? [Re: frvcvs]
GromsDad Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: 600 yards from the surf.
Sure. Game on.

#2607055 - 02/17/17 11:32 AM Re: Can we talk about the mess that Trump inherited? [Re: GromsDad]
frvcvs Offline
Duke status

Originally Posted By: GromsDad
Sure. Game on.

Well? poke
Everything works like clockwork in a perfect world."
- Steak 7/26/15

#2607058 - 02/17/17 11:35 AM Re: Can we talk about the mess that Trump inherited? [Re: frvcvs]
GromsDad Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: 600 yards from the surf.
You brought it up. Go ahead.

#2607060 - 02/17/17 11:44 AM Re: Can we talk about the mess that Trump inherited? [Re: GromsDad]
Kento Offline
Duke status

Loc: The Bar
Consistent job creation, rising stock market, brought inbred low-rent rednecks out of their AOL cocoons.

Oh wait, the latter actually is a mess. But at least we all get to see who is part of the internal rot of America. They are the reason America is falling behind in education and why we need to import skilled labor from other countries.

Russ Meyer

#2607075 - 02/17/17 12:06 PM Re: Can we talk about the mess that Trump inherited? [Re: frvcvs]
CharmingSophisticate Offline
Duke status

Loc: In Gods Country
Great Leader misses you too little guy....sniff...sniff.

#2607083 - 02/17/17 12:13 PM Re: Can we talk about the mess that Trump inherited? [Re: CharmingSophisticate]
Kento Offline
Duke status

Originally Posted By: CharmingSophisticate

Was that from when he saw you struggle to escape your mother's basement? cookin

Russ Meyer

#2607114 - 02/17/17 12:48 PM Re: Can we talk about the mess that Trump inherited? [Re: Kento]
youcantbeserious Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: Location Location
Originally Posted By: Kento

Oh my God, and he's a KNEEBOARDER... the humanity!

#2607130 - 02/17/17 12:59 PM Re: Can we talk about the mess that Trump inherited? [Re: youcantbeserious]
CharmingSophisticate Offline
Duke status

Loc: In Gods Country
Originally Posted By: youcantbeserious
Originally Posted By: Kento

Oh my God, and he's a KNEEBOARDER... the humanity!
"Awww shut up!"
Ronald RayGun

#2607177 - 02/17/17 01:53 PM Re: Can we talk about the mess that Trump inherited? [Re: frvcvs]
VonMeister Offline
Miki Dora status

Economy in shambles
Obamacare self destructing
Middle East
N. Korea
China
Out of control government
Grifting at unprecedented levels
Unemployment
Welfare
ISIS
Syria
Nation paralyzed by conflicting regulations

could go on all day

#2607210 - 02/17/17 02:27 PM Re: Can we talk about the mess that Trump inherited? [Re: frvcvs]
manbearpig Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: its so flat
And that's all obamas fault right? roflmao roflmao

#2607218 - 02/17/17 02:37 PM Re: Can we talk about the mess that Trump inherited? [Re: VonMeister]
Kento Offline
Duke status

The economy is in shambles?

Russ Meyer

#2607221 - 02/17/17 02:38 PM Re: Can we talk about the mess that Trump inherited? [Re: frvcvs]
the janitor Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: north of the bridge
Originally Posted By: frvcvs
Anyone? shrug

IMO - Obama papered over the economic meltdown, he did an effective job of hitting the pause button there, but didn't fix much and entirely skipped holding anybody accountable for anything. And the bill is coming due.

So the natural thing to do given ^^^ was take on even more public spending with Obamacare, without addressing any of the underlying reasons for the extremely rapid growth of healthcare costs.

I think we have a much more extreme case of asset ownership and income growth for the 1% than before he took office.

All the same challenges in Iraq and Afghanistan.

New, worse challenges in Syria.

A mismanaged relationship with Russia that led to our current clustercuss.

And the pending end of a business cycle and bull market. BTW, that's not Obama's fault (well, except for the artificially low interest rates), it is just a timing thing, which Trump inherits.

And - the return of winter to California.

#2607310 - 02/17/17 04:14 PM Re: Can we talk about the mess that Trump inherited? [Re: the janitor]
StuAzole Offline
Miki Dora status

Originally Posted By: the janitor
Anyone? shrug

IMO - Obama papered over the economic meltdown, he did an effective job of hitting the pause button there, but didn't fix much and entirely skipped holding anybody accountable for anything. And the bill is coming due.

So the natural thing to do given ^^^ was take on even more public spending with Obamacare, without addressing any of the underlying reasons for the extremely rapid growth of healthcare costs.

I think we have a much more extreme case of asset ownership and income growth for the 1% than before he took office.

And the pending end of a business cycle and bull market. BTW, that's not Obama's fault (well, except for the artificially low interest rates), it is just a timing thing, which Trump inherits.

Of all of this (most of which I disagree with), how would you have suggested Obama unilaterally raise the Fed Rate?

#2607378 - 02/17/17 05:33 PM Re: Can we talk about the mess that Trump inherited? [Re: StuAzole]
the janitor Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: north of the bridge
Originally Posted By: StuAzole
Originally Posted By: the janitor
Anyone? shrug

Of all of this (most of which I disagree with), how would you have suggested Obama unilaterally raise the Fed Rate?

The President can't unilaterally raise the Fed Rate (which I'm guessing you know), but he could have made a personnel change when Bernanke's first term ended.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32