REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2605890 - 02/14/17 07:25 PM CR in mid march
VaB Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: Virginia Beach, VA
Had plans to go to playa negra but my buddy never booked the house. now we are stuck but i have time off work.

Where would you go in CR? I prefer Nicaragua but CR is the destination. I want to avoid hookers, blow, and crowds.

Thanks, VaB

#2606954 - 02/17/17 02:02 AM Re: CR in mid march [Re: VaB]
ThaDood Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: Playa Zen
Not sure what your budget is but, If you are still wanting Negra, try this link:
http://playanegravacationrentals.com/

Avellanas - I have stayed at Cabina los Olas....no thrills but good location and not far from Negra

Nosara - Have stayed at Harbor Reef twice.....1 good experience, 1 not so good. Plenty of other places

Playa Grande - can get crowded

#2607028 - 02/17/17 10:52 AM Re: CR in mid march [Re: VaB]
Pancakes15 Offline
Grom

Loc: Houston, Texas
You wont avoid crowds unless you surf in between negra and nosara but its tough getting to spots bc the roads suck.

Negra is crazy crowded on a swell. Grande is pretty wide open but crocs are a concern the closer you get to the rivermouth. Avellanas is like Waikiki, people are everywhere.

Mal Pais has some wide open beaches. Cool little town too.

#2607159 - 02/17/17 01:33 PM Re: CR in mid march [Re: Pancakes15]
ThaDood Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: Playa Zen
Originally Posted By: Pancakes15

Negra is crazy crowded on a swell. Grande is pretty wide open but crocs are a concern the closer you get to the rivermouth. Avellanas is like Waikiki, people are everywhere.

Mal Pais has some wide open beaches. Cool little town too.

yessir, Negra doesn't hold a crowd to well. I surfed it with 8-10 people and that seemed perfect. You are right about Avs, especially in front of Lola's....that's why I walk about 5 minutes North or to Little Hawaii. When we stayed at Cabinas Los Olas, we took the wooden plank pier walk thru the mangroves and surfed there.
And the rivermouth at Grande/Tamarindo is where that guy got attacked last July. Happened about 6 days after we left. I have surfed the rivermouth in the past but I surf Pachotes and Big Rock. You will be safe there......pretty much

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32