REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2606992 - 02/17/17 09:14 AM Re: Poll: How long can they hang on? [Re: frvcvs]
Autoprax Online   content
Duke status

Loc: Vagina Point
I love that the leakers and the media are the problem.

That is classic gas lighting.

Trump is acting exactly like you would expect a psychopath to act.

He's got minions in the house who will let him do the wrong thing so they will benefit.

But the problem for the psychopaths is that the group of normal people, if it's big enough, will turn against him and his manipulation tactics won't work.

The psychopath always needs to keep moving to find new minions and suckers.

The president of the USA is not the best place to be in full on psychopath mode.

A mad king will go down eventually but not without a lot of carnage for the bystanders.

#2606994 - 02/17/17 09:22 AM Re: Poll: How long can they hang on? [Re: frvcvs]
Sharkbiscuit Online   content
Michael Peterson status

Loc: Jacksonville Beach
Originally Posted By: frvcvs
Originally Posted By: GWS
The better question is how long Trump can hang on.

I'm calling done, one way or another, inside of two years.

I really don't think he's going to make it through his first term.

Problem is aside for McCain and Graham the rest of the GOP seems to be on board the Crazy Train, at least they're sure acting that way. I don't see the Dem's ousting him on their own even if they somehow mop up the floor in the midterms. The ousting is going to have to come from the leadership of McConnell and Ryan unless it becomes a criminal issue which wouldn't entirely surprise me or worse a military coup which is probably least likely.

I think they're saying that now because they approve of the Gorsuch pick, he said he'd sign tax cuts and deregulation and Obamacare repeal, and most importantly, I think the GOP base likes Trump more than Ryan/McConnell and if they knife him and get Pence installed too soon, the base will get suspicious.

#2606996 - 02/17/17 09:25 AM Re: Poll: How long can they hang on? [Re: frvcvs]
Duke status

Right. They think they think they are playing trump but I think trump will play them in the end.

Our only hope is randomness of life intervenes.

#2606998 - 02/17/17 09:28 AM Re: Poll: How long can they hang on? [Re: GWS]
ifallalot Offline
Duke status

Loc: HB, CA

I don't know; I almost think he'll make it through not one, but two terms. Remember, his base LOVES this and views all of the anti-Trump stuff as a combination of the DC Establishment freaking out with standard liberal faggotry

#2607001 - 02/17/17 09:41 AM Re: Poll: How long can they hang on? [Re: ifallalot]
FecalFace Offline
Duke status

Loc: down der by the harbor
Originally Posted By: ifallalot

I don't know; I almost think he'll make it through not one, but two terms.

Sadly, this.

#2607003 - 02/17/17 09:43 AM Re: Poll: How long can they hang on? [Re: GDaddy]
FecalFace Offline
Duke status

Loc: down der by the harbor
Originally Posted By: GDaddy

A lot of people have underestimated Trump all along, myself included.

The only thing that was underestimated was the Retard Power.

If you really think that Trump will change his demeanor after watching yesterday's press conference, your optimism is more in the delusion territory.

#2607008 - 02/17/17 10:01 AM Re: Poll: How long can they hang on? [Re: frvcvs]
VonMeister Offline
Phil Edwards status

The faggotry is strong here.
At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats. -P. J. O'Rourke

When you men get home and face an anti-war protester, look at him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend because she knows shes dating a pussy. -General James Mattis

#2607011 - 02/17/17 10:16 AM Re: Poll: How long can they hang on? [Re: frvcvs]
Duke status

So what do you think Trumps end game is here?

I said he'll work the system to create chaos, do a money grab and bail and give everyone on the left and the right a big FU.

I could be wrong but the patterns are playing out the way I would have predicted.

My assessment comes not from politics but from my understanding people with character disorders.

#2607019 - 02/17/17 10:46 AM Re: Poll: How long can they hang on? [Re: frvcvs]
GDaddy Online   sleepy
Duke status

Loc: Carlsbad
I think Trump's opposition will have a better shot at mounting an impeachment over some conflict of interest that arises from Trump's business holdings.

The hackers who are being attributed to the Russians probably still have more material on Bill, Hillary and their associates and a lot of other politicians including everyone on the right. And even though hacking is illegal and immoral and all, people doing sht is still newsworthy. All of that info is still subject to release.

Just as the Clintons' pay-for-access program was dependent on their deals being basically secret, any deals the Russians have with Trump are also worthless once the extent of their relationship becomes a matter of record. If he can't deliver on their sanctions issue then whatever that deal was is off.

Anyways, Trump chose to go to war with the establishment media. It's too late for him to back down now and they sure won't back down. The difference is that if he can deliver what his base and some of his suppporters from the middle want it won't matter to them if he was talking foreign politics with the Russians ahead of the election and it may not matter to a lot of them if there actually was a deal to leak the data about his opposition that they stole.

After all, those people DID say and do those things, and Hillary really should have been criminally prosecuted for crimes she committed.

OTOH, if his media opposition can't hang Trump it will be a long time before they regain the unassailable position they enjoyed before Trump came along and called half of them liars.

#2607035 - 02/17/17 11:02 AM Re: Poll: How long can they hang on? [Re: frvcvs]
Duke status

Neither party is representing the dummies who post here.

#2607192 - 02/17/17 02:09 PM Re: Poll: How long can they hang on? [Re: ifallalot]
StuAzole Online   content
Miki Dora status

Originally Posted By: ifallalot

I don't know; I almost think he'll make it through not one, but two terms. Remember, his base LOVES this and views all of the anti-Trump stuff as a combination of the DC Establishment freaking out with standard liberal faggotry

so the real question is whether Trump will be the impetus for a resurgence in dem voters showing up, ala Obama.

#2607194 - 02/17/17 02:12 PM Re: Poll: How long can they hang on? [Re: GDaddy]
StuAzole Online   content
Miki Dora status

I think Trump's opposition will have a better shot at mounting an impeachment over some conflict of interest that arises from Trump's business holdings.

The hackers who are being attributed to the Russians probably still have more material on Bill, Hillary and their associates and a lot of other politicians including everyone on the right. And even though hacking is illegal and immoral and all, people doing sht is still newsworthy. All of that info is still subject to release.

Just as the Clintons' pay-for-access program was dependent on their deals being basically secret, any deals the Russians have with Trump are also worthless once the extent of their relationship becomes a matter of record. If he can't deliver on their sanctions issue then whatever that deal was is off.

Anyways, Trump chose to go to war with the establishment media. It's too late for him to back down now and they sure won't back down. The difference is that if he can deliver what his base and some of his suppporters from the middle want it won't matter to them if he was talking foreign politics with the Russians ahead of the election and it may not matter to a lot of them if there actually was a deal to leak the data about his opposition that they stole.

and therein lies the rub - will Trump actually deliver anything he promised? So far, the answer seems to be he'll deliver only on the easiest things - mainly anything associated with rolling back what Obama did. Tax reform, replacing Obamacare etc. won't be as easy.

#2607198 - 02/17/17 02:16 PM Re: Poll: How long can they hang on? [Re: frvcvs]
GDaddy Online   sleepy
Duke status

He's promised a sht load that he can't possibly deliver (nobody could), the employment being the big one. I think the backlash from those failures will sink any chance for re-election, assuming he even gets that far.

But like I said before, I've been wrong about him all along and I'm now coming around to the claim his supporters make that underestimating him is a mistake.

#2607201 - 02/17/17 02:20 PM Re: Poll: How long can they hang on? [Re: GDaddy]
rossmoor Offline
Nep status

Loc: Oahu

After all, those people DID say and do those things, and Hillary really should have been criminally prosecuted for crimes she committed.

OTOH, if his media opposition can't hang Trump it will be a long time before they regain the unassailable position they enjoyed before Trump came along and called half of them liars.

So you don't at all care that a presidential candidate "potentially" colluded with a foreign government to hack the emails of a political rival in order to win an election?

I love how low we are setting the bar here. If conservative voters seriously don't care about these kind of things than they will have no weight to throw at Democrats doing anything devious in the future...

#2607225 - 02/17/17 02:46 PM Re: Poll: How long can they hang on? [Re: frvcvs]
GDaddy Online   sleepy
Duke status

I live in California. Whether I like or hate Trump is completely irrelevant at to the question of whether or not he'll be able to continue on. Just as it was with Pres. Obama's performance.

As for what happens in the future it is my assumption that such hacking and disclosures will continue. In the future, I assume that any foreign governments who decide to participate in such schemes will be a lot more careful to distance themselves from their operators, if for no other reason than learning from getting caught.

On those occasions when the hacking does result in political dirt, the voters will be left to decide for themselves if the message is more immoral than the messenger and they'll make their decisions accordingly.

I believe people will continue to behave like people and will not be behaving on the aspirational "we're better than that" basis at any point in the foreseeable future.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32