REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
Page 2 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 ... 20 21 >
View All Topics Index
#2606543 - 02/16/17 01:28 PM Re: Milo appearing on Bill Maher Show this Friday [Re: GDaddy]
FecalFace Offline
Duke status

Loc: down der by the harbor
First of all, I don't know where in this thread or ever did I ever mention or condone violence?

You are still ignoring cause and effect.

"The moral crusader who thinks they can punch a nazi or an antifa protester..."

NOT THE SAME.

"Anti" in antifa, means he is reacting to fascists.

If there were no fascists, there would be no antifascists. Fact.

It's not all just mutual "hatred and intolerance".
Fascism is hatred and intolerance, anti-fascism is a reaction to it.

Secondly, you keep ignoring the fact that this kind of hate speech has long crossed into the "action" territory and stopped being just speech.

Read the Daily Mail and USA Today articles about the massive spike in hate groups I posted above and pay attention to policies coming out of Bannon's White House.

When you become honest about it, we can discuss further.

#2606546 - 02/16/17 01:31 PM Re: Milo appearing on Bill Maher Show this Friday [Re: GDaddy]
FecalFace Offline
Duke status

Originally Posted By: GDaddy

Nothing less than the Golden Rule.

Also, LOL.

Fascism, by default, does not adhere to the Golden Rule.

#2606549 - 02/16/17 01:36 PM Re: Milo appearing on Bill Maher Show this Friday [Re: FecalFace]
GDaddy Offline
Duke status

Loc: Carlsbad
It's the individual's actions that define conduct, not the labels (or in your case, outright lies) people use to define those actions.

Case in point, the law is based on actions, not labels. You don't get a conviction by simply calling someone a thief or a abuser; you have to assemble the actions that comprise the elements of those crimes in order to get the conviction.

Take Milo, for instance. If you can't show how his actions have violated the law then that is what it is. Unilaterally claiming some further moral high ground based on a standard with which most people don't necessarily agree doesn't stand up.

#2606551 - 02/16/17 01:38 PM Re: Milo appearing on Bill Maher Show this Friday [Re: GDaddy]
FecalFace Offline
Duke status

It's the individual's actions that define conduct

Exactly.

Fascism, read about it.

#2606559 - 02/16/17 01:46 PM Re: Milo appearing on Bill Maher Show this Friday [Re: FecalFace]
GDaddy Offline
Duke status

I'm still waiting for you to show some action Milo has taken or something he's said that justifies a violent response. Working for Breitbart doesn't cut it, and neither does LOL at Leslie Adams or referring to her as a black man during a mutual exchange of insults.

You haven't done it yet because you can't do it. All you can do is be very, very angry, which is literally the only thing you are capable of doing in any discussion.

By contrast, punching someone you don't like or advocating the suppression of their speech is a very fascist thing to do, regardless of what you call yourself. (which, BTW, is not an argument).

By itself, calling Milo a fascist isn't even an argument to begin with. Not unless you can support that allegation.

#2606566 - 02/16/17 01:56 PM Re: Milo appearing on Bill Maher Show this Friday [Re: GDaddy]
FecalFace Offline
Duke status

I'm still waiting for you to show some action Milo has taken or something he's said that justifies a violent response.

WHERE DID I SAY IT DOES? foreheadslap

#2606569 - 02/16/17 01:58 PM Re: Milo appearing on Bill Maher Show this Friday [Re: GDaddy]
FecalFace Offline
Duke status

By itself, calling Milo a fascist isn't even an argument to begin with. Not unless you can support that allegation.

Why do you even join a discussion if you don't read the premise of it?
You didn't read any of the articles at the top of the thread.

If you did, you haven't commented on it.

#2606572 - 02/16/17 02:02 PM Re: Milo appearing on Bill Maher Show this Friday [Re: FecalFace]
GDaddy Offline
Duke status

You've repeatedly called him a fascist and you've repeatedly been supportive of violence in reaction to fascists.

#2606574 - 02/16/17 02:05 PM Re: Milo appearing on Bill Maher Show this Friday [Re: FecalFace]
GDaddy Offline
Duke status

I read the article and strongly disagree with a couple of the underlying premises. What else is new?

#2606575 - 02/16/17 02:06 PM Re: Milo appearing on Bill Maher Show this Friday [Re: GDaddy]
heelnipstr Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: Southern Tip, Norcal
So where is the line for a violent response? His words are spoken to evoke violence. Is he a proxy fascist, so a proxy slap down the proper response?

#2606576 - 02/16/17 02:08 PM Re: Milo appearing on Bill Maher Show this Friday [Re: heelnipstr]
GDaddy Offline
Duke status

I strongly disagree that anything I'm aware of Milo saying was spoken to evoke violence.

Can you provide a couple quotes that would support your contention?

#2606577 - 02/16/17 02:10 PM Re: Milo appearing on Bill Maher Show this Friday [Re: heelnipstr]
GromsDad Offline
Kelly Slater status

Loc: 600 yards from the surf.
Originally Posted By: heelnipstr
So where is the line for a violent response? His words are spoken to evoke violence. Is he a proxy fascist, so a proxy slap down the proper response?

Smackdaddy is that you?

The only violence I've seen is coming from the crazy social justice warrior types who show up at his events. Having a hard time understanding the point you're trying to make.

"I hope we have once again reminded people that man is not free unless government is limited. There's a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: As Government expands, Liberty contracts." Ronald Reagan

#2606578 - 02/16/17 02:11 PM Re: Milo appearing on Bill Maher Show this Friday [Re: heelnipstr]
bird. Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: LA
His words are spoken to evoke an emotional response.

Fixed

#2606584 - 02/16/17 02:13 PM Re: Milo appearing on Bill Maher Show this Friday [Re: bird.]
GDaddy Offline
Duke status

Originally Posted By: bird.
His words are spoken to evoke an emotional response.

Fixed

I agree with that. I'd stipulate that he sometimes speaks to evoke a contemptuous and angry response.

#2606587 - 02/16/17 02:15 PM Re: Milo appearing on Bill Maher Show this Friday [Re: GDaddy]
FecalFace Offline
Duke status

You've repeatedly called him a fascist and you've repeatedly been supportive of violence in reaction to fascists.

This is a lie.

But yes, I correctly called Milo a fascist because he is one.

We will never agree on this because you also have fascist tendencies which you would never admit.

Page 2 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 ... 20 21 >

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32