REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2602757 - 02/07/17 01:07 PM Re: Finally! Reforms coming to the financial markets [Re: the janitor]
VonMeister Online   mad
Phil Edwards status

Fecal really likes a bag of dicks.

#2602760 - 02/07/17 01:10 PM Re: Finally! Reforms coming to the financial markets [Re: VonMeister]
MJOJunkie Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: Socal Bight
Originally Posted By: VonMeister
Fecal really likes a bag of dicks.

monkey

#2602765 - 02/07/17 01:21 PM Re: Finally! Reforms coming to the financial markets [Re: GWS]
the janitor Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: north of the bridge
Originally Posted By: GWS
It's nice to see that so many people believe in Santa Claus.

dancing

I think he's a ginger as well eek

#2602768 - 02/07/17 01:27 PM Re: Finally! Reforms coming to the financial markets [Re: MJOJunkie]
Sharkbiscuit Online   content
Michael Peterson status

Loc: Jacksonville Beach
Originally Posted By: MJOJunkie

I'm going to channel my inner fecal face here...

Shrakbiscuit you continue to show that you are as dumb as a box of rocks or a bag of dicks or whatever.

Not only dumb but biased too. Dumb and biased. You need to go to remedial bag of dicks school. That could help you. Maybe poke loser

roflmao

Your boy's article sucked a bag of dicks, straight up. It did not actually point out anything specifically bad about Dodd-Frank, as janitor noted.

It just cruised along, revising history, as if there was a shortage of Prime mortgages that went belly up:

Quote:
As a result of the gradual deterioration in loan quality over the preceding 16 years, by 2008, just before the crisis, 56 percent of all mortgages in the U.S.32 million loanswere subprime or otherwise low quality.

But we can see from the chart a few posts back showing mortgage snafus, the 56% that were subprime failed less than the 44% that weren't, which means Prime was worse, which means your boy's whole spiel about mortgage underwriting standards is based on his own ignorance of the facts or illiteracy. Or the meal ticket he shills for.

Then he goes on to cry that the Chocolate Smoothies and Mocha Frappuccinos they made out of shit and sold each other 100 times over resulted in E. Coli poisoning, and blames the people who took the shit:

Quote:

With the largest housing bubble in history deflating in 2007, and more than half of all mortgages made to borrowers who had weak credit or little equity in their homes, the number of delinquencies and defaults in 2008 was unprecedented. One immediate effect was the collapse of the market for mortgage-backed securities that were issued by banks, investment banks, and subprime lenders, and held by banks, financial institutions, and other investors around the world. These were known as private label securities or private mortgage-backed securities, to distinguish them from mortgage-backed securities issued by Fannie and Freddie. Investors, shocked by the sheer number of mortgage defaults that seemed to be underway, fled the market for private label securities; there were now no buyers, causing a sharp drop in market values for these securities.

Marking-to-market worked effectively as long as there was a market for the assets in question, but it was destructive when the market collapsed in 2007. With buyers pulling away, there were only distress-level prices for private mortgage-backed securities.

This had a disastrous effect on financial institutions.

I tell you one thing, if you read stuff like this on the regular, it is no wonder you despise Liberal Arts colleges and their staff, and I can't blame you.

#2602787 - 02/07/17 02:11 PM Re: Finally! Reforms coming to the financial markets [Re: Sharkbiscuit]
MJOJunkie Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: Socal Bight
Quote:

Your boy's article sucked a bag of dicks, straight up. It did not actually point out anything specifically bad about Dodd-Frank, as janitor noted.

It just cruised along, revising history, as if there was a shortage of Prime mortgages that went belly up:

I will not be attending your autistic screeching posts any longer.

Thanks you

PS: Sorry you live in Floriduh hah loser

Edited by MJOJunkie (02/07/17 02:25 PM)
Edit Reason: snowflakes in florida

#2602804 - 02/07/17 02:45 PM Re: Finally! Reforms coming to the financial markets [Re: BillyOcean]
StuAzole Offline
Miki Dora status

Originally Posted By: BillyOcean
I never bought the argument that the bubble was the result of govt housing policies

It was just a bubble

There have been all kinds of asset bubbles throughout history

People get too excited and think they've found free money

It just happens

It's a feature of markets

It wasn't just engineered by bankers or GSEs or any particular group

It just happened and it will happen again

On the housing side in particular, 2002 should have been a recessionary year but policy after 9/11 helped housing skip a normal downturn. Had the market been allowed to correct then, the crash would never have occurred. Good intentions, terrible results.

#2602832 - 02/07/17 03:49 PM Re: Finally! Reforms coming to the financial markets [Re: MJOJunkie]
Sharkbiscuit Online   content
Michael Peterson status

Loc: Jacksonville Beach
Originally Posted By: MJOJunkie
Quote:

I will not be attending your autistic screeching posts any longer.

Thanks you

PS: Sorry you live in Floriduh hah loser

Well, I'll still lap up the "read this and if you don't agree, blah blah blah" and then assert the if test failure case and condition block and reflect on an as-needed basis.

As a proud renter I don't need the 'homeownership as end-all, be-all of muh Merkan Dream' premise for the FHA and having regulations on loan underwriting standards (something your boy and I agree on) as well as a cap on how much of the mortgage market could be run by GSE seems fine.

The author, anyone complaining about capital reserves or the fiduciary rule...send them straight to ifallallaht.

Edited by Sharkbiscuit (02/07/17 03:54 PM)

#2606282 - 02/15/17 05:58 PM Re: Finally! Reforms coming to the financial markets [Re: the janitor]
test_article Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: Body of Christ, Texas
Let's all eat popcorn and watch Donald overheat the economy.

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32