REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
Page 135 of 135 < 1 2 ... 133 134 135
View All Topics Index
#2591199 - 01/11/17 04:55 PM Re: The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread [Re: silentbutdeadly]
Sharkbiscuit Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: Jacksonville Beach
Regarding wet wetsuits, I use 2-3 jugs of water, filled up piping hot and turn the wet wetsuit right side - out, then put the jugs inside the wetsuit.

Presto, warm wet wetsuit, and I think it's actually warmer than a dry one.

#2591258 - 01/11/17 06:41 PM Re: The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread [Re: sd_101]
AbeVigoda Offline
Nep status

Loc: Venice, CA
Originally Posted By: sd_101
Also don't know how I went so long without 2 4/3's. Evening session is hard to follow up with dawn patrol if you're putting on a freezing and wet neoprene.

If you're ever feeling it, splurge for a Yamamoto neoprene suit. Inside of my Isurus is about 95% dry from dawny by the time I get home from the office. Compare that to my R2, which takes a solid couple days to dry out fully.

#2591363 - 01/12/17 01:41 AM Re: The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread [Re: bobwarren]
20W-50 and blood Offline
Duke status

Loc: SOCAL
Originally Posted By: bobwarren

It's hard to enjoy it and be free when you're shivering and stiff from the cold. Well, you might not be shivering, but I see people in old leaky 3/2's shivering their ass off in mid to low 50's water, wondering why they're so cold.

this is exactly how i grew up.....used bad 80s wetsuits....in the 90s. learned that minimal rubber, if not trunking it is a blast compared to wearing bad leaky rubber. then i got better rubber and it improved....then found being freee is still better. then scored my first all two mil and was in love...then got a short sleeve all 2 and loved it more.....everyone said it woudl be differnet after i lost weight. 60 lbs down, under 2 bills.....still hating the rubber.

gimme as much ocean as possible.

#2591364 - 01/12/17 01:42 AM Re: The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread [Re: silentbutdeadly]
20W-50 and blood Offline
Duke status

Loc: SOCAL
lemme rephrase that........do you NOT want to bareback it?!

#2592002 - 01/13/17 01:16 PM Re: The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread [Re: 20W-50 and blood]
Turtle71 Offline
Nep status

Loc: NE FL
Originally Posted By: 20W-50 and blood
Originally Posted By: bobwarren

It's hard to enjoy it and be free when you're shivering and stiff from the cold. Well, you might not be shivering, but I see people in old leaky 3/2's shivering their ass off in mid to low 50's water, wondering why they're so cold.

this is exactly how i grew up.....used bad 80s wetsuits....in the 90s. learned that minimal rubber, if not trunking it is a blast compared to wearing bad leaky rubber. then i got better rubber and it improved....then found being freee is still better. then scored my first all two mil and was in love...then got a short sleeve all 2 and loved it more.....

+1 Got my first 2 mil last winter. Oneill Hyperfreak (I think)?? Stretchy and doesn't fatigue my shoulders. Its been great so far with water temps in the 50s.

#2592173 - 01/13/17 07:07 PM Re: The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread [Re: silentbutdeadly]
nexttozen Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: inland oc
u can solve all ur wetsuit prlms by buying a new fullsuit every season.

Page 135 of 135 < 1 2 ... 133 134 135