REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
Page 135 of 137 < 1 2 ... 133 134 135 136 137 >
View All Topics Index
#2591199 - 01/11/17 04:55 PM Re: The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread [Re: silentbutdeadly]
Sharkbiscuit Online   content
Michael Peterson status

Loc: Jacksonville Beach
Regarding wet wetsuits, I use 2-3 jugs of water, filled up piping hot and turn the wet wetsuit right side - out, then put the jugs inside the wetsuit.

Presto, warm wet wetsuit, and I think it's actually warmer than a dry one.

#2591258 - 01/11/17 06:41 PM Re: The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread [Re: sd_101]
AbeVigoda Offline
Nep status

Loc: Venice, CA
Originally Posted By: sd_101
Also don't know how I went so long without 2 4/3's. Evening session is hard to follow up with dawn patrol if you're putting on a freezing and wet neoprene.

If you're ever feeling it, splurge for a Yamamoto neoprene suit. Inside of my Isurus is about 95% dry from dawny by the time I get home from the office. Compare that to my R2, which takes a solid couple days to dry out fully.

#2591363 - 01/12/17 01:41 AM Re: The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread [Re: bobwarren]
20W-50 and blood Offline
Duke status

Loc: SOCAL
Originally Posted By: bobwarren

It's hard to enjoy it and be free when you're shivering and stiff from the cold. Well, you might not be shivering, but I see people in old leaky 3/2's shivering their ass off in mid to low 50's water, wondering why they're so cold.

this is exactly how i grew up.....used bad 80s wetsuits....in the 90s. learned that minimal rubber, if not trunking it is a blast compared to wearing bad leaky rubber. then i got better rubber and it improved....then found being freee is still better. then scored my first all two mil and was in love...then got a short sleeve all 2 and loved it more.....everyone said it woudl be differnet after i lost weight. 60 lbs down, under 2 bills.....still hating the rubber.

gimme as much ocean as possible.

#2591364 - 01/12/17 01:42 AM Re: The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread [Re: silentbutdeadly]
20W-50 and blood Offline
Duke status

Loc: SOCAL
lemme rephrase that........do you NOT want to bareback it?!

#2592002 - 01/13/17 01:16 PM Re: The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread [Re: 20W-50 and blood]
Turtle71 Offline
Nep status

Loc: NE FL
Originally Posted By: 20W-50 and blood

It's hard to enjoy it and be free when you're shivering and stiff from the cold. Well, you might not be shivering, but I see people in old leaky 3/2's shivering their ass off in mid to low 50's water, wondering why they're so cold.

this is exactly how i grew up.....used bad 80s wetsuits....in the 90s. learned that minimal rubber, if not trunking it is a blast compared to wearing bad leaky rubber. then i got better rubber and it improved....then found being freee is still better. then scored my first all two mil and was in love...then got a short sleeve all 2 and loved it more.....

+1 Got my first 2 mil last winter. Oneill Hyperfreak (I think)?? Stretchy and doesn't fatigue my shoulders. Its been great so far with water temps in the 50s.

#2592173 - 01/13/17 07:07 PM Re: The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread [Re: silentbutdeadly]
nexttozen Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: inland oc
u can solve all ur wetsuit prlms by buying a new fullsuit every season.

#2595844 - 01/22/17 07:44 PM Re: The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread [Re: nexttozen]
Ch-ch-ch-cheeeeeto Offline
Billy Hamilton status

Originally Posted By: nexttozen
u can solve all ur wetsuit prlms by buying a new fullsuit every season.

I do this. Wetsuits wear out twice as fast when you have to wear the same one all year.

#2597834 - 01/26/17 10:35 PM Re: The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread [Re: silentbutdeadly]
bobwarren Online   content
Legend (inyourownmind)

Lots of suits on Xcel site are 50% off right now. Just a heads up.

#2598055 - 01/27/17 12:29 PM Re: The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread [Re: bobwarren]
silentbutdeadly Online   content
Duke status

Loc: Tower 13
Lots of suits on Xcel site are 50% off right now. Just a heads up.

Dude thanks, most of the suit deals are for midgets and huge freaks but I just scored some rash guards and sun shirts for surfing and fishing. Great deals.

#2598064 - 01/27/17 12:51 PM Re: The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread [Re: silentbutdeadly]
rts265 Online   content
Michael Peterson status

got my excel 4/3 revolt yesterday ($225 at seshday)

im just under 6'1, about 200lbs, comparing body glove red cell 3/2 xl to xcel revolt 4/3 xl:

a bit tighter squeeze to get it on than my body glove but fits good once on. legs are much tighter at calves - which is good. body glove is loose at calves and a bit longer, so suit gets bunched up at the feet. lengthwise a better fit than body glove. seems a little roomy in the crotch area. definitely not too tight in the shoulder area - think paddling is gonna be good.

didn't wear it today as there was some size - thought it might be a bad day to break in a new suit.

#2600958 - 02/02/17 10:57 PM Re: The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread [Re: silentbutdeadly]
bobwarren Online   content
Legend (inyourownmind)

Picked up a Hyperflex Cyclone springsuit off Amazon for $20. Retails for $99 but Hyperflex stuff always seems to be discounted. But for $20 I figured why not. Haven't used it and won't for another month or two. But it's ok for what it is. Pretty stretchy but definitely not gummy soft. Medium short is spot on for me at 5'8" 160 lbs. The neck closure is a bit bulky and sloppy as it is on most low-mid range suits. The key pocket is just a wierd envelope thing inside the back zip with no chord so it's basically useless. Overall it's what you'd expect for a $99 suit discounted to $20.

#2607363 - 02/17/17 05:22 PM Re: The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread [Re: silentbutdeadly]
Emmohl80 Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

Anybody worn the O'Neill Psychotech booties? Accidentally grabbed the split toe instead of the round toe I tried on. Split toe is quite a bit tighter then the round toe. These things stretch out at all?

#2607413 - 02/17/17 06:30 PM Re: The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread [Re: Emmohl80]
silentbutdeadly Online   content
Duke status

Loc: Tower 13
Picked up a Psycho I on sale today as one of my suits crapped the bed. Decided to give Oneil another go after not owning one for years. Trusty shop manager told me they are lighter and dry quicker than the xcels. We shall see. Feels pretty nice and doesn't seem like it will be warm enough.

#2607461 - 02/17/17 08:31 PM Re: The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread [Re: silentbutdeadly]
Oceanslide Offline
Kelly Slater status

Loc: Oceanside, CA
Still happy (knocks on wood) with both my 4/3 Needs chest-zip and 3/2 Xcel Comp chest-zip suits.

#2608808 - 02/21/17 07:01 PM Re: The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread [Re: silentbutdeadly]
sdfriday Offline
Grom

My matuse hoplite all 2mil with a 1.5mil Hyperflex vest has got to be the warmest most flexible combo I've ever had in 20+ years of surfing in San Diego. On another note, I'm done with non-yamamoto rubber. That sheico stuff just does not compare in warmth, feel, durability and dry time. Recently I also bought a patagonia yulex r2 and I want to love it so bad because of the natural rubber. It's not bad but doesn't compare to my older matuse and vest. To be fair the fit isn't as good (which is everything) but given that it's 3.5/3mm it's only a bit warmer than my matuse combo but way less flexy and way heavier. I'd probably like it more if I lived in baja but then again I'd probably like a 4/3 yamamoto suit more. My next suit will probably be a Feral or another matuse on sale or any other yamamoto rubber suit that fits well. I used to be a dry lock guy for years but I'm turning Japanese.

Page 135 of 137 < 1 2 ... 133 134 135 136 137 >