REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
Page 2 of 46 < 1 2 3 4 ... 45 46 >
View All Topics Index
#2524544 - 07/19/16 06:46 AM Re: "Racism" is nothing but a distraction driven by politicians and the media [Re: casa_mugrienta]
GromsDad Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: 600 yards from the surf.
Originally Posted By: casa_mugrienta
Originally Posted By: GromsDad
Real problem is the war on drugs and the fallout wreaks havoc in black communities. Blacks use drugs at a much lower rate than whites yet the percentage of drug arrests and convictions is much higher. Black communities are sitting ducks. The criminal justice system seeks easy targets who don't know their rights and can't afford a lawyer. And a cycle is perpetuated.

You can't argue with the facts. The only thing that will solve this is an end to the war on drugs.

This isn't about racism. But damn the media likes to denote the race of the officers and the deceased within hours of the shooting. Stirring up hate makes more news stories, hopefully more violence, and maybe a race war for the chance of the story of the decade. And politicians will never waste a crisis. Fuckn sickos.

I totally disagree with your first paragraph.....

What part? Rates of drug use? The fact drug arrests bar people from real employment? Do you think people spend money to hire a lawyer vs public defender just for the fun of it? That it's NOT easier to trample on the rights of people in low income communities?

You act like law enforcement is picking on them. Law enforcement goes where the crime is just like firefighters go where there are fires. Its not the war on drugs that created the mess in that community, it is a whole cascade of failed liberal policies and a lack of a basic social and moral code. The whole thing is broken down. Our government has been funding bad behavior for more than 50 years and it is a total failure. Look no further than the breakdown of the family unit that has resulted from liberal policies. These kids don't stand a chance.

As for drugs, I'd get even harsher on those in the business but that is another thread entirely. There have been so many heroin ODs in this area that its mind blowing. I'd be all for the death penalty for anyone caught with a dealers quantity of this poison.

#2524549 - 07/19/16 07:25 AM Re: "Racism" is nothing but a distraction driven by politicians and the media [Re: GromsDad]
casa_mugrienta Offline
Kelly Slater status

Real problem is the war on drugs and the fallout wreaks havoc in black communities. Blacks use drugs at a much lower rate than whites yet the percentage of drug arrests and convictions is much higher. Black communities are sitting ducks. The criminal justice system seeks easy targets who don't know their rights and can't afford a lawyer. And a cycle is perpetuated.

You can't argue with the facts. The only thing that will solve this is an end to the war on drugs.

This isn't about racism. But damn the media likes to denote the race of the officers and the deceased within hours of the shooting. Stirring up hate makes more news stories, hopefully more violence, and maybe a race war for the chance of the story of the decade. And politicians will never waste a crisis. Fuckn sickos.

What part? Rates of drug use? The fact drug arrests bar people from real employment? Do you think people spend money to hire a lawyer vs public defender just for the fun of it? That it's NOT easier to trample on the rights of people in low income communities?

You act like law enforcement is picking on them. Law enforcement goes where the crime is just like firefighters go where there are fires.

Wrong. Law enforcement goes where they will be able to get easy arrests and assured convictions. Open air markets are much easier than Junior's fenced in backyard. And it's as much about politics as anything else too. Gotta make the chief of police, the mayor, and the DA look good.

Quote:
Its not the war on drugs that created the mess in that community, it is a whole cascade of failed liberal policies and a lack of a basic social and moral code.

You honestly think the lack of basic social and moral code comes from liberal policies? roflmao

Lack of basic social and moral code has gone hand in hand with living in poverty ever since civilization began, and long before liberal policies even existed.

Quote:
As for drugs, I'd get even harsher on those in the business but that is another thread entirely. There have been so many heroin ODs in this area that its mind blowing. I'd be all for the death penalty for anyone caught with a dealers quantity of this poison.

rolleyes Nice job spelling out why you aren't a libertarian.

#2524550 - 07/19/16 07:32 AM Re: "Racism" is nothing but a distraction driven by politicians and the media [Re: Kento]
casa_mugrienta Offline
Kelly Slater status

Originally Posted By: Kento

Close friend of mine is a Trump supporter for god knows why. Total denial of white privilege despite his getting busted for possession of weed with intent to sell. His parents ponied up $45K to keep his record clean. Tried to explain to him that not everyone has that opportunity. Flew over his head unfortunately. shrug

I too have seen similar in many circumstances, even with coke. It isn't a race thing, it's an economic thing.

A good lawyer can pull a disappearing act no matter what your race. You just have to have the ability to pay.

#2524551 - 07/19/16 07:45 AM Re: "Racism" is nothing but a distraction driven by politicians and the media [Re: casa_mugrienta]
GromsDad Offline
Phil Edwards status

Quote:

Being libertarian and being for death for drug dealers are not opposing viewpoints. I don't give a shit what you do to yourself. Drink turpentine for all I care. The minute you start selling that shit to people, particularly minors, you are affecting others and need to be held accountable. Public hanging would be preferable.

#2524555 - 07/19/16 08:07 AM Re: "Racism" is nothing but a distraction driven by politicians and the media [Re: GromsDad]
casa_mugrienta Offline
Kelly Slater status

Quote:

Being libertarian and being for death for drug dealers are not opposing viewpoints. I don't give a shit what you do to yourself. Drink turpentine for all I care. The minute you start selling that shit to people, particularly minors, you are affecting others and need to be held accountable. Public hanging would be preferable.

Legalization of drugs is a cornerstone of libertarian thought.

reason.com/archives/2016/06/27/libertarians-for-drug-prohibition

All choices, not just drugs, affect others in some way. Good or bad.

And support for the death penalty is just plain stupid, unless you're OK with executing innocent people every once in a while.

#2524557 - 07/19/16 08:18 AM Re: "Racism" is nothing but a distraction driven by politicians and the media [Re: CharmingSophisticate]
ifallalot Offline
Duke status

Loc: HB, CA
Originally Posted By: CharmingSophisticate

When you look at the drug trade supply chain the vast majority of the hubs are in poor neighborhoods even if the salesmen aren't selling a whole lot to the locals (ie poor Blacks in your scenario).

I wonder if "progressives" ever take notice that the VAST majority of this bullshit didn't start until after this "Great Society" nonsense started making its way into government programs because racist "progressives" either think that the Black Man is too stupid to take care of himself and needs help from "kind, caring liberals or in LBJ's case, wants more Democrat voters and keeping them hooked on handouts keeps them coming back to the Democrat party.....kinda' like a crack or heroin dealer huh?

Historical ignorance

#2524563 - 07/19/16 08:37 AM Re: "Racism" is nothing but a distraction driven by politicians and the media [Re: casa_mugrienta]
Autoprax Online   content
Tom Curren status

Loc: Vagina Point
When it comes to aiding the poor they need complimentary artifacts and not competitive artifacts.

Yes, I learned a new concept. But it gets to the heart of the matter.

You can buy opiates over the counter in spain and portugal and they don't have the addiction issues we have here.

Though I suspect this is propaganda so the DEA has a boogieman now that weed is not a good execuse for spending all that money on law enforcment.

Or it's not the drug so much and the living conditions in the USA that is driving people to pain killers.

“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him..”
-- Sun Tzu, The Art of War

#2524567 - 07/19/16 08:59 AM Re: "Racism" is nothing but a distraction driven by politicians and the media [Re: casa_mugrienta]
GromsDad Offline
Phil Edwards status

No its not. Its just that those who favor legalization have latched onto libertarianism.
Libertarianism as I see it is individual freedom with responsibility. What the whacko drug legalization crowd is after is individual freedom with no responsibility. Your freedom ends where harm to others begins.

#2524568 - 07/19/16 09:03 AM Re: "Racism" is nothing but a distraction driven by politicians and the media [Re: GromsDad]
Kento Online   content
Duke status

Loc: The Bar

Quote:

There would be a lot of 1%ers caught up in that dragnet. And with the OxyContin peddling, please feel free to execute every single person involved in that, from sales reps to CEO and seize all assets, personal and corporate. It's funny how they have banned cigarette ads from TV but not pharmaceuticals. I would bet you the majority of heroin ODs in your neighborhood all started from pilfering the home medicine cabinet. It's pretty rife in my neighborhood too. Rich kids with boredom and access.

On another note, in regards to racism, ask yourself why the sentencing requirements are so different for coke vs. crack.

Russ Meyer

#2524573 - 07/19/16 09:18 AM Re: "Racism" is nothing but a distraction driven by politicians and the media [Re: GromsDad]
casa_mugrienta Offline
Kelly Slater status

No its not. Its just that those who favor legalization have latched onto libertarianism.

Umm, for the most part, no.
Drug legalization is about individualism and practicality. Individualism and practicality is what libertarianism is about. You have no right to tell me what I can and can't do unless I'm directly causing harm to another.

Overall it's a philosophy of self-ownership.

Quote:
Libertarianism as I see it is individual freedom with responsibility.

Responsibility to you = government officials make decisions for consenting adults like myself about drug use. roflmao It's none of your business.

I suppose the government should be able to make decisions for you about the food you eat too? About self-destructive lifestyle choices like obesity?

Quote:
What the whacko drug legalization crowd is after is individual freedom with no responsibility. Your freedom ends where harm to others begins.

OK, so let's shut down the tobacco companies and ban sales of alcohol too, right? That's just a start - next we'll move on to fast food restaurants that sell artery-clogging fare.

You're not a libertarian. I've read your posts, and this one spells it out perfect. Libertarian is just the latest identity those Repubelican voters disillusioned by the rise of Trump are attempting to claim.

#2524576 - 07/19/16 09:32 AM Re: "Racism" is nothing but a distraction driven by politicians and the media [Re: GromsDad]
Autoprax Online   content
Tom Curren status

Loc: Vagina Point

. What the whacko drug legalization crowd is after is individual freedom with no responsibility. Your freedom ends where harm to others begins.

How do you get that decriminalization is about freedom without responsibility?

Where did you get this idea?

Have you looked at the data on decriminalization in Europe?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that you haven't.

“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him..”
-- Sun Tzu, The Art of War

#2524582 - 07/19/16 10:21 AM Re: "Racism" is nothing but a distraction driven by politicians and the media [Re: GromsDad]
Clayster Offline
Michael Peterson status

Meanwhile in Baltimore.....a year later the prosecutor who tried to make a name for herself and the media that sensationalized it are 0-4 in proving that the cops committed a crime. But hey, CNN's numbers were up. shrug http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2016/07/18/baltimore-officer-learns-fate-in-gray-case/

These prosecutors who indict only because the mob has taken to the street ought to be put on the street with the mob. It was obvious that at least some, if not all, of those indictments were BS right from the start.

#2524588 - 07/19/16 10:43 AM Re: "Racism" is nothing but a distraction driven by politicians and the media [Re: casa_mugrienta]
StuAzole Offline
Miki Dora status

Quote:

All choices, not just drugs, affect others in some way. Good or bad.

And support for the death penalty is just plain stupid, unless you're OK with executing innocent people every once in a while.

what people think they are and what they actually are don't necessarily jive. For the life of me, I don't see how any "libertarian" would support the war on drugs.

#2524590 - 07/19/16 10:45 AM Re: "Racism" is nothing but a distraction driven by politicians and the media [Re: casa_mugrienta]
StuAzole Offline
Miki Dora status

GromsDad is a libertarian? Why do I expect he won't be voting for his party's candidate in November?

#2524591 - 07/19/16 10:53 AM Re: "Racism" is nothing but a distraction driven by politicians and the media [Re: casa_mugrienta]
Sharkbiscuit Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: Jacksonville Beach
Can't say I agree about racism; I'd apply that to "voter fraud" and "selling baby parts" and "Benghazi" and "Gun Control" ages before racism, but I dig the bit on usage/conviction. C_M is barking up a good tree imho.

GromsDad is just barking.

Page 2 of 46 < 1 2 3 4 ... 45 46 >

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32