REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2029638 - 02/13/13 01:19 PM Shout for Oak Foils
r32 Offline

Tom Curren status

Loc: Cambria
Drove all the way down to SoCal last week to pick up a pair of customs from Wayne Okamoto at Oak Foils. This is my first time ordering from Wayne and I have to say WOW!

Where to begin...

1. Amazing Service
Wayne and I must have exchanged about 30 emails back and forth talking about my style of surfing, what I was looking to get out of each board, the type of waves I like to ride, etc. I was blown away by the time he took to discuss things with me in great detail. I realize time IS money in any biz so I tried to keep my email short but Wayne wanted to know more. He did not hesitate to ask me even more questions, even if I thought I gave him enough info to work with. I was really stoked on this.

2. The Pick-up
I had no idea what to expect picking them up in person. I figured it would be a quick stop and I'd be out of there with my two new babies. Nope. We ended up shooting the sh*t for nearly two hours talking stories. He gave me a tour of his shop and we swapped surfing stories, talked board design, and even talked family WWII stories. Wayne is one the coolest people I've ever met, not just in surfing, but in general.

3. The Boards
Good lord these things are bad mamma-jammas! His attention to detail is off the chart. The boards are beautifully crafted and fine tuned and exactly what I was wanting. I've already got an itch to order a few more and will be doing so by the Spring/Summer. Here are a couple pics of my new babies. I've only ridden the acorn five-fin so far and it was awesome. I can't believe how well this thing paddles for being the shortest board I've ever ridden by about 6". He nailed the thickness/floatation perfectly. I've yet to get my booties wet with the rocket but that will happen soon.

Thanks Wayne for an awesome experience and I look forward to ordering more customs in the future.

#2029639 - 02/13/13 01:24 PM Re: Shout for Oak Foils [Re: r32]
FresnoRipper Offline
Michael Peterson status

Preach. Amen.

Top notch guy and operation.

Stoked for you....stOAKed....

#2029640 - 02/13/13 01:32 PM Re: Shout for Oak Foils [Re: r32]
greysuit Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: My god..it's full of k00ks
Nice looking sticks!

#2029641 - 02/13/13 02:09 PM Re: Shout for Oak Foils [Re: r32]
alaskasurfer Offline
Billy Hamilton status

Loc: AK
Yeeeewwwww!!! That's the kind of post I love
to see. Good on ya R32 and and Oak Foils

Lord Byron

#2029642 - 02/13/13 04:06 PM Re: Shout for Oak Foils [Re: r32]
retodd Offline
Duke status

both boards look sick

glad u had fun down here in the BRO-C

#2029643 - 02/13/13 04:50 PM Re: Shout for Oak Foils [Re: r32]
kellsmith Offline
Miki Dora status

fck yeah! the stoak runneth over

#2029644 - 02/13/13 05:22 PM Re: Shout for Oak Foils [Re: r32]
rowjimmytour Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: Rbeach
Quote:

Drove all the way down to SoCal last week to pick up a pair of customs from Wayne Okamoto at Oak Foils. This is my first time ordering from Wayne and I have to say WOW!

Where to begin...

1. Amazing Service
Wayne and I must have exchanged about 30 emails back and forth talking about my style of surfing, what I was looking to get out of each board, the type of waves I like to ride, etc. I was blown away by the time he took to discuss things with me in great detail. I realize time IS money in any biz so I tried to keep my email short but Wayne wanted to know more. He did not hesitate to ask me even more questions, even if I thought I gave him enough info to work with. I was really stoked on this.

2. The Pick-up
I had no idea what to expect picking them up in person. I figured it would be a quick stop and I'd be out of there with my two new babies. Nope. We ended up shooting the sh*t for nearly two hours talking stories. He gave me a tour of his shop and we swapped surfing stories, talked board design, and even talked family WWII stories. Wayne is one the coolest people I've ever met, not just in surfing, but in general.

3. The Boards
Good lord these things are bad mamma-jammas! His attention to detail is off the chart. The boards are beautifully crafted and fine tuned and exactly what I was wanting. I've already got an itch to order a few more and will be doing so by the Spring/Summer. Here are a couple pics of my new babies. I've only ridden the acorn five-fin so far and it was awesome. I can't believe how well this thing paddles for being the shortest board I've ever ridden by about 6". He nailed the thickness/floatation perfectly. I've yet to get my booties wet with the rocket but that will happen soon.

Thanks Wayne for an awesome experience and I look forward to ordering more customs in the future.

Dims of both boards please

#2029645 - 02/13/13 05:29 PM Re: Shout for Oak Foils [Re: r32]
Oceanslide Offline
Kelly Slater status

Loc: Oceanside, CA
Quote:

Both look great, but THIS looks like a good time!
I echo your sentiments about dealing with Wayne too. Good peeps!

#2029646 - 02/13/13 06:39 PM Re: Shout for Oak Foils [Re: r32]
silentbutdeadly Offline
Duke status

Loc: Tower 13
perty sticks r32

Felt up my buddy's Oak twinzer recently and was

#2029647 - 02/13/13 07:28 PM Re: Shout for Oak Foils [Re: r32]
20W-50 and blood Offline
Duke status

Loc: SOCAL
Quote:

Wayne and I must have exchanged about 30 emails back and forth

i love you narespect you as afelo psoter who rips more htan me..and i woudl hav eruturend your $ and mjuderd you

#2029648 - 02/13/13 11:26 PM Re: Shout for Oak Foils [Re: 20W-50 and blood]
oakfoils Offline
Nep status

Quote:

Quote:

i love you narespect you as afelo psoter who rips more htan me..and i woudl hav eruturend your $ and mjuderd you

Crack up!

r32 thanks for stoping by the shop, nice to meet up and chat. Ill dig up the order and post the dims when I get back to the shop in the morning.

#2029649 - 02/14/13 10:44 AM Re: Shout for Oak Foils [Re: rowjimmytour]
oakfoils Offline
Nep status

Quote:

Quote:

Where to begin...

1. Amazing Service

2. The Pick-up

3. The Boards

Dims of both boards please

Ok the dims are,

Pocket Rocket HPSB 6'1" x 18.75" x 2.45" design features single concave bottom low entry rocker with mild kick through tail.

Acorn II Twinzer Fish 5'9" x 20.5" x 2.64" design features flat bottom to mild single to slight double to 4-channel through tail. Small nub option.

#2029650 - 02/14/13 11:29 AM Re: Shout for Oak Foils [Re: oakfoils]
randelpink Offline
Grom

Loc: Manhappenin'
Wow! Awesome sleds, anyone else wanna shout out with their oaks??? please?

#2029651 - 02/14/13 12:37 PM Re: Shout for Oak Foils [Re: 20W-50 and blood]
Mooobs Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: The most crowded place on eart...
Quote:

Quote:

And thus 20W cranks out another classic autosignature for me, effective immediately. I call it.

#2029652 - 02/14/13 02:50 PM Re: Shout for Oak Foils [Re: randelpink]
henny Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

Damn straight...

Got in on the BFS.$399 Custom in less than a month?!?!
Love the board,been riding it all over.Wayne is awesome.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >