REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#1311024 - 11/16/08 09:59 PM Dyna-Glyde - High Performance EPS Egg 4+1 - Oak Foils * *
stubster Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Finally got my computer back up after a series of hardware issues

Oak Foils Dyna-Glyde (Dyna/Dynamic - Glyde/Smooth Glide / 'y' in Glyde from the 'y' in hybrid / hybrid shape)

7'2" x 21-1/2" x 3" White Hot EPS Foam / Epoxy Resin / Custom Rocker Template / Subtle 4 channels / 4+1 fin set up / 4x4x4 Glass

I've had three sessions on it so far. Twice in mediocre swamped high tide closeouts. 3+ hour session this AM. All I can say is that this board can truly be a one board quiver.

After riding boards like my Kiddler, Harbour Spherical Revolvers, and Guy Takayama GWAT, it's tough to grab a shortboard on any given day since these boards paddle so well. I usually grab for a shortboard when the waves have some punch behind them.

I really love the way my 8'0 Harbour Spherical Revolver paddles into everything. The 7'2" GWAT is not as great of a paddler, but rides like a shortboard. My 6'10" Harbour SR paddles better than the GWAT, but not as performance driven as the GWAT since it's a single fin. I asked Wayne if he could shape me a board that can paddle as good as my 8'0 Harbour SR, but have performance like a shorboard. He took some measurements from the boards and began his calculations From there, he began the design of a new shape. He suggested to go EPS for buoyancy and lightness. I decided on the size since my 6'10 Harbour SR felt good and the 8'0 SR was too big, so I chose to go to 7'2". I also wanted to go 4oz glass for performance. The 3" thickness gives the board the volume to paddle like a board that is 10" bigger (8'0 SR), but most of the volume is under your chest and the rails feel about 2-7/8". The performance is that of a high performance shortboard. It doesn't feel like a 7'2" when you're on the wave. It feels like I'm riding my 5'10" fish. This board is so light, you can throw it around on the waves like a shortboard.

Another magical creation!

#1311025 - 11/16/08 10:05 PM Re: Dyna-Glyde - High Performance EPS Egg 4+1 - Oak Foils * * [Re: stubster]
Awe F'shore Offline
Kelly Slater status

Loc: PCH
Nice creation and nice addition to a very nice quiver.

#1311026 - 11/16/08 10:27 PM Re: Dyna-Glyde - High Performance EPS Egg 4+1 - Oak Foils * * [Re: stubster]
20W-50 and blood Offline
Duke status

Loc: SOCAL
absoltuely ahte to say it...but damn man...let me knwo when you are surfing porto or HB area....id love to ride that thing as aquad

#1311027 - 11/16/08 10:44 PM Re: Dyna-Glyde - High Performance EPS Egg 4+1 - Oak Foils * * [Re: stubster]
nkpheous Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: Huntington Beach
nice board/boards stubster. the quad setup looks sick. i suspect the other boards will see less water time. i've had my eye on the sperical revolver for years but have yet to pull the trigger on one. stoked for you

#1311028 - 11/16/08 11:36 PM Re: Dyna-Glyde - High Performance EPS Egg 4+1 - Oak Foils * * [Re: nkpheous]
theROOSTER Offline
Nep status

Loc: OC, california...
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDE!!!!!!

So psyched to see that sucker, even better than i Imagined it.... mines ordered - 8'0" , EPS and may end up with 6 "less subtle" channels - looks like and ABSOLUTE BLAST!!!! (and sounds like it from my "private" review, LOL)

YOUR QUIVER IS NOW OFFICIALLY SICK!!!!!

sweet, sweet, sweet!!!

#1311029 - 11/17/08 07:48 AM Re: Dyna-Glyde - High Performance EPS Egg 4+1 - Oak Foils * * [Re: theROOSTER]
backyard_hack Offline
Nep status

dims on those spherical revolvers? I had a great 6'10" that I found on consignment in folly beach for a steal. Had to drive back cross-country with it, but it was a blast until it started to de-lam.

Wish those things went down to 6'4" or so...

nice oak, too...

#1311030 - 11/17/08 07:55 AM Re: Dyna-Glyde - High Performance EPS Egg 4+1 - Oak Foils * * [Re: stubster]
afoaf Offline
Duke status

you own TWO SR's?

#1311031 - 11/17/08 08:35 AM Re: Dyna-Glyde - High Performance EPS Egg 4+1 - Oak Foils * * [Re: stubster]
Lankameese Offline
Billy Hamilton status

great all rounder... woud like to hear about it is widowmaker fin set up, the quad is gonna be hard to beat though, have a stretch what round pin quad at 6'10 and it is so much fun

your quiver is reaching all time highs....

you need to get out your fisheye and get us shot of your quiver

#1311032 - 11/17/08 09:32 AM Re: Dyna-Glyde - High Performance EPS Egg 4+1 - Oak Foils * * [Re: Lankameese]
psylum Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

Loc: Southern California
I suppose the ultimate demonstration of how stoked I am for you... is that I ordered the same board with 1/8" more foam.

No color though.

I really debated that one internally between a 6'6ish Galaxy Twin shape in EPS vs the Dyna Glide. The Dyna Glide won because I think it offers a lot more all-rounder performance.

I am really excited to get mine. I spent all weekend on my Galaxy Twin and the board is just magic for me. It catches everything I'd ever want to catch and I can't believe I'm surfing a 6'2.

Wayne is such a master -- the guy is so incredibly detail oriented. Sheesh, look at that tail!

#1311033 - 11/17/08 12:30 PM Re: Dyna-Glyde - High Performance EPS Egg 4+1 - Oak Foils * * [Re: nkpheous]
stubster Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Quote:

i've had my eye on the sperical revolver for years but have yet to pull the trigger on one.

The SRs are great boards. They paddle really well and glide awesome. I haven't met any owners of SR who didn't rave about them. Tim Stamps does a great job shaping them.

Quote:

dims on those spherical revolvers?

6'10" x 21-1/2" x 2-5/8"
8'0" x 22-1/2" x 3"

Although they are the same boards, they ride completely different. The 6'10" has 4oz glass and sand finish. The board is light and surfs more like a performance board. The 8'0" has 6oz glass, gloss and polish finish. The board is heavy, but paddles really well. More of a glider. This is my longboard alternative for smaller/mushier days. The board surfs really well with some steep walls also.

The SRs are single fins so I couldn't get enough release from the fin when trying to performance surf. The turns are drawn out as well.

The SRs will probably not see any water time any time soon. The Dyno-Glyde is really that good of a board. I rode it as a single yesterday in some semi-hollow closeouts. The board flies in the pocket hunting for barrels.

Quote:

you own TWO SR's?

Yes sir. They both surf completely different.

Quote:

I really debated that one internally between a 6'6ish Galaxy Twin shape in EPS vs the Dyna Glide. The Dyna Glide won because I think it offers a lot more all-rounder performance.

I am really excited to get mine. I spent all weekend on my Galaxy Twin and the board is just magic for me. It catches everything I'd ever want to catch and I can't believe I'm surfing a 6'2.

I rode my Retro Galaxy Twin for the first time last week. It took a couple of waves for me to adapt to it after coming off the 8'0" SR. It was very skatey and fun. Paddles nice, pivots unreal, cutbacks are smooth. I caught some really fun waves and the board performed as I expected a board from Wayne would perform.

Great decision! You will be stoked on the Dyna-Glyde. It is an all-rounder. It is truly the only board you need in your quiver.

#1311034 - 11/17/08 12:34 PM Re: Dyna-Glyde - High Performance EPS Egg 4+1 - Oak Foils * * [Re: stubster]
afoaf Offline
Duke status

where do you live and can I borrow your board(s)?

#1311035 - 11/17/08 01:24 PM Re: Dyna-Glyde - High Performance EPS Egg 4+1 - Oak Foils * * [Re: afoaf]
Awe F'shore Offline
Kelly Slater status

Loc: PCH
Stubster, do you surf the SR's with the stock SR fins? Tried any others?

I have a 7-4 SR that I scored used (new condition) on a smokin' deal a couple years back - super fun board in a wide variety of waves. I've used a greenough 4A 9", 4C 9.5" and the stock SR 9" fins - all three work great but the stock really snaps turns in faster, steeper waves - both greenoughs are drivier. I snapped the finbox out a couple month's back in some shorebreak, gotta get around to doing a fix.

That dyna-glyde is killer tho. You guys have me wanting to give Wayne a call.

#1311036 - 11/17/08 01:37 PM Re: Dyna-Glyde - High Performance EPS Egg 4+1 - Oak Foils * * [Re: stubster]
psylum Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

Loc: Southern California
Quote:

It is truly the only board you need in your quiver.

Say it isn't so!!!!!

#1311037 - 11/17/08 03:49 PM Re: Dyna-Glyde - High Performance EPS Egg 4+1 - Oak Foils * * [Re: Awe F'shore]
stubster Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Quote:

Stubster, do you surf the SR's with the stock SR fins? Tried any others?

I've tried the stock SR fin in both boards. The board felt too stiff. I only had one really great session with it when it was a fast, hollow day (surfing in the pocket). Other days, I can feel the fin vibrate the deck when I would make hard turns.

I surf an 8" Greenough 4A in the 6'10" and a 9" in the 8'0". The 4A really loosens the boards up and makes them lively, especially the 6'10".

I surfed the Dyna-Glyde with an 8" 4A and the board went rail to rail much quicker than the SRs. The DG also generates much more down-the-line speed (different bottom contours). It also surfs much lighter than the SRs.

I used to love to grab my SRs on any given day and have a blast. They are usually my go to boards when I surf at Bolsa. After riding the DG, there is no comparision. I'm anxious to try out the DG at Bolsa and San-O.

#1311038 - 11/17/08 10:15 PM Re: Dyna-Glyde - High Performance EPS Egg 4+1 - Oak Foils * * [Re: Awe F'shore]
stubster Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Here are a couple of photos of the bottoms

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >